11.16.2012

52 | 2012 - Music

I'm going to do a 2fer here and do a blog post from this summer which it seems I will never get caught up on which happens to coincide with this weeks Linked theme...Music

In August Samantha had the opportunity to go to Suzuki music camp in Las Vegas.  It was a great experience and she learned so much.  Jenny Jackson, Sam's teacher was one of the instructors and made it possible for Sam to go.  She stayed at my parents house and Miss Jenny got Sam to and from camp everyday since I couldn't come into town every single day.  
 On Friday they had a concert and played for all the families.  I was so impressed with how much she learned in such a short period of time, now if only I could get her to practice her dang violin now that we are back in the swing of school and things!! 
Don't forget to check out my other friends linked photos this week-



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love violins...not so much new player squeaking, but they get better.
What a great opportunity for her, and I bet it was a lot more fun to practice with others than by herself.
Here's to hoping she gets the practice bug and makes herself proud.

Unknown said...

I love violins...not so much new player squeaking, but they get better.
What a great opportunity for her, and I bet it was a lot more fun to practice with others than by herself.
Here's to hoping she gets the practice bug and makes herself proud.

Jean said...

So awesome that her teacher picked her up every day! My ten year old nephew decided to pick the violin this year to play. I think it's so lovely!

Just Rhonda said...

I totally want my kids to play violin. REAlly I wish I had a 4 piece strings for my kids.... Right now we are just focusing on the piano!

Hanne said...

Wow...playing violin must be so difficult, so you must be happy that your daughter takes lessons! Best wishes for her!