12.31.2011

2011:A year in Review

Well, I made it through a rough one. This year has brought some highs and some lows. Lets take a minute to remember both...

January -
Started working out with Jillian Michaels and lost 6 lbs.
Decided to move to Logandale into a travel trailer...gained 6+ lbs.

February -
Went to WPPI and had a wonderful time
Realized the I probably won't be able to do much business growth in Logandale

March -
Simplified.
Sold 90% of our possessions.
Got rid of most of our bills.
Moved into a trailer at the in-laws
Kids started at new school, made lots of friends
Girls texting my boy...not cool!

April -
Sam makes cheer squad
Cheer practice is at 6am.
The fair was here!
The weather was awful

May -
Took a VERY quick get away to California with my sweetheart
Stayed in the skankiest motel ever!

June -
The kids got out of school for summer.
The kids got out of school for summer

July -
Headed to Oregon for 3 weeks
Terry had to stay home to work

August -
Had an amazing girls trip to Seattle
Came home with a limp that lasted for 3 months and a few weeks on crutches
The kids went back to school
The kids went back to school

September -
Created and started executing "responsibility" charts
Gave up on raising "responsible" children

October -
Awesome family trip to California

November -
Trip to Oregon for Thanksgiving
Terry was broken back for a month after the drive!

December -
Enjoyable Christmas
Not so enjoyable Holiday break from school because kids were on restriction due to poor grades.


So with the good comes the bad. Not that I have any doubt that my kids will remember the bad (because seriously, there's LOADS of that) but I think it helps give balance! I try to keep it real here on the ol blog and as you can tell my my blogging frequency lately, I am in a not so great place right now. I'm trying to look at the positive side of things and getting back to doing what I love most. I am hoping that the new year will bring a renewed excitement and attitude for life.

Oh goodness I sound depressed!

I'm workin on that!

I hope you remember to document your year...the good and the bad because they both make us who we are.

6 comments:

Shari said...

Ok, September totally cracked me up!!!

Darci Buhl said...

Did you just use the word "skankiest"?!? Hahahahaha!
That's all.

Well, and that I hope this year is better. If it helps at all, I think about your post that you wrote about simplifying(back when you were moving, I think) ALL the time. I so admire you for completely picking up and starting new. I need to take a lesson or two from you one of these days:)

Darci Buhl said...

Did you just use the word "skankiest"?!? Hahahahaha!
That's all.

Well, and that I hope this year is better. If it helps at all, I think about your post that you wrote about simplifying(back when you were moving, I think) ALL the time. I so admire you for completely picking up and starting new. I need to take a lesson or two from you one of these days:)

Heidi said...

Life is definitely a balance of good and bad. It seems I focus more on the bad. I try to only blog positive things so I don't sound depressed or angry. Maybe I should keep it real like you.

I enjoyed reading your year in review. I should probably do something like that and reflect on things that have happened in our life in 2011.

I want to start Jillian Michaels in 2012 - we'll see how long it lasts!!

Jill said...

I know selling all of your possessions must have sucked. But it actually sounds quite liberating to me. I feel so tied down to what I have right now. I'd love to sell all of my crap and start new somewhere. It's all the way you look at it.

OH, and love the gave up on responsible children. I laughed.

Lisa Heuer said...

you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have.... the facts of life, the facts of life. Can you picture the song as it begins the TV series that we now live? I miss our chats-we need it, I need it. When can we start? It took me a year to lose 1 pound. We are doing lovely, aren't we! : (