9.06.2011

10 on Tuesday....SAY WHAT???

I know I haven't done a 10 on Tuesday forEVER but i have lots of random thoughts running around in my head so that i feel the need to expunge. (look at me all using big words and stuff)  So let's get to it.

1.  I have a list app on my phone where i put random ideas for blog posts but i am never specific enough when i put an idea down so when i go back to blog my idea i have NO idea what it was even about!! Apparently there should be a blog post about life lessons that has something to do with Brett's broken iPod.  eh...oh well!

2.  I really want to take a typing course because i suck at typing and i wish i didn't!

3.  My daughter is growing boobs. I'm so not ok with this!  (tmi?  sorry dad)

4.  When doing laundry whites must be done first. the reasons are trifold
      a.  They take less time to dry in the dryer so they therefore shorten the overall time of doing laundry.  If done in the middle the extra time they sit in the dryer waiting for the washer to be done washes down the tide scented drain.   (maybe only in my head but whatever)
      b.  If you wash them not first the left over remnant dirt and color from the other loads may make my whites dingy.  *i know probably still totally in my head but whatevs!)
      c.  If whites are not done at the beginning of the laundry day cycle then they will forever sit in a basket of unfolded wrinkleness.  THE END.

5.  Do you think i am crazy for writing out my reasons for why i do whites first?  I kinda do.  I'm totally questioning my sanity right now!

6.  I have started a new "Responsibility Chart" with my kids, I am hoping that by doing this they will grow to be helpful contributing members of this family and eventually society!  It is similar to what I have done in the past with chore charts but i mixed it up a little with "freebee" stickers, 2 a week, that they will get to apply to unfinished responsibilities except for homework and instrument practice.  They each have a paycheck tear pad where they write what they earned for each day and if they earned a bonus.  They each receive $1 a day and if they get all 7 days in the week they get a total of $10. (except for bonnie, she gets $.25) After a whole week of this Samantha and Colby both earned $10 each and Brett for silly reasons only earned $4, he used his freebee's right off the bat, crazy kid! These are the chart and paycheck tablets I made up and will be printing at my lab in tearoff notepads.  Cool huh?  we'll see how it goes!
Photobucket 

7.  I kinda think i have to do this post because the last one where I call my hubby sexy needed to be a bit buried because he might read it then I will get grief over it, even though he hardly ever reads my blog.  (he is sexy though)

8.  The summer in trailer has been brutal.  Mainly because no air conditioner seems to be able to keep up with the blistering heat.  On average, if the temps are above 105 then we can guarantee that it will be somewhere in the low 90's in the trailer at bedtime!  ROUGH but it's much better now.  Let's hope we don't get another heat wave!

9.  I read a REAL book.  And my real I mean not digital.  I haven't read a real book in like over a year (since i got my ipad) It was wonderful.  I had forgotten how the scent of paper could be so intoxicating.  

10.  The book I read was "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory.   I absolutely loved it and would totally recommend it.  I am reading one of the other books in the series "The Boleyn Inheritance" which is equally as intriguing though not as intoxicating since it is not a REAL paper book!

kthanksbye!

6 comments:

Kim Marx said...

1. manual labor = sexy, definately.2. I read the Other Boleyn Girl as well, then saw the movie. I think that's pretty much the only book/movie combo I've ever done.
3. Cool job charts. My kids never got anything that nice.
4. Cooler weather is on the way, hang in there.
5. Thanks for the update. You're awesome.

Gerry Zobrist said...

Kris I still enjoy your ramblings it make me think of me. You are the best I really enjoyed being with you and your family Mon take care.
Love you Dad

Pam said...

I'm stealing that chart from you. and you are my hero for living in a trailer for more than a weekend. just thought you should know.

Kelly said...

awesome post! Love the charts; loved The Other Boylynn Girl (can't remember how to spell that...Sorry~). Some of her other stuff is great too!

Jen Fletcher said...

You are so talented Kristin! The chore chart is perfect, I almost wish my kiddos were a little older so we could use it! : )

Anonymous said...

Really? White's dry faster? HUH? Are you messing with me? Mocking me laundry dumbness?

Well just wait... I've got a blog post in the making on laundry too. We are SO weird. ;)