5.21.2011

Didjamissme??

I got call from my dad, he wanted to know if I was ever going to blog again. Do your dads read your blog? It makes me feel loved and even if he is the only one reading this ol' thing in makes it worth it! Life has a funny way of getting away from me. I get into the grind of things and before I know it I am missing the things I love the most. Like the smell of my baby girl when she wakes up from her nap, or the dimples in my other girl when she makes a joke not even remotely funny to anyone but her. I started this blog to record life, it has become so much more. I seem to go through spurts where I just trudge through the happenings just to record them, but every now and again i get all nostalgic and realize I didn't record a single quirk that the boy had when he turned 7 (totally need to get the birthday interview done before I blog the party) I am seeing just how quickly life happens and the little girl on my lap is not so little anymore. I want to go back and remember every funny little thing about them (and I mean funny, my kids are freakin hilarious) So I am thinking about a few different ways to feature these little things about my kids, you may see little snippits of things that you could care less about or they might make you belly laugh, we'll see. I would love to have a photo to go with each post to keep it "visually interesting" but lets face it, I have been sucking in that department lately, but I will try!! Today however will not be the day that I start my new plan of how I blog but yet another one of those posts where I am trudging through the happenings just to get them recorded, I am trying to play catchup for my hiatus!!!

A few weeks ago, due to a very needed break, we decided to take a quick jaunt down to California, and when I say quick I mean quick, like 36 hours quick. We had dinner at the Medieval Times(where even there I managed to get us seated by the kitchen, how is that possible you ask? I have an uncanny knack for getting us seated by the kitchen at every restaurant we go to!!) We did a little window shopping at Ikea, a stop at the beach and some more window shopping at the swap meet. It was to quick and I am looking forward to a real vacation...someday!
Photobucket
My camera has been acting funny lately so I sent it in to the shop and am so happy to have it back. These few pictures are pretty much all I got from our quick trip, hey, it's better than nuthin!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Melanie said...

YES of course I missed you! I love that your Dad reads your blog. My dad reads mine too! Next time you come to So Cal you need to stay longer so we can meet up. I look forward to more of your great blog posts.

Heidi said...

Yep -- I missed you :)

Sommer said...

I don't think KB has even looked at my blog. On 2nd thought, does he even know I have a blog? See, blogging involves a computer and KB doesn't get along with computers. He wouldn't even learn how to play Ms. Pac Man on the Atari when I was a kid! I love that Gerry is the opposite of all that!

Crafty Girls said...

Yes, I read your blog. I check it often! You have talent beyond what you are claiming! Hope you are doing well!

Irene

Heidi said...

It took me a few tries before the title made sense to me - I'm such a dork!

Sometimes those quick little trips are the absolute best! I'm assuming it was just the 2 of you? How fun.