5.31.2010

May 365 Recap

I kinda slacked this month and only got 24 days out of 31. I thought about cheating but figured I would just get back going a do better this month. I am still loving this project and feel it has done wonders for me and my photography but most of all I love that I have documented our lives as they are right now. I think part of the reason I really slacked this month had to do with the fact that I thought every picture had to be perfect. I know now it's not about perfect pictures it's about capturing our lives. I need to find that moment in everyday that is what I want to remember, even if it's 12 loads of laundry. There will come a time when I will only have 2 people to do laundry for (unless they get that disposable cloths thing figured out *fingers crossed*) and even though I won't miss the endless folding of socks it is what my life consists of right now and that's what needs to be captured.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Shalae said...

I love your project too. Makes me wish I would be consistant about taking pictures even weekly and then organized enough to put them all together like you do. Oh yeah, and to be super duper talented like you wouldn't hurt . . .

Janae said...

This is such a great project! I think your right it really is about capturing those things in our lives, which now seem so endless, but one day will no longer be there!

Marianne said...

Love yours!!All your pictures are amazing! I am trying to get back to doing a picture a day, because I haven't for a long time. I guess it's a perfect time to start since it's June 1st!

Kim Marx said...

you know what the best part of doing laundry for two is? The socks ALWAYS match up. It makes me smile every time it happens.