2.12.2010

the big 1-2

That's right! I am now the mother of a 12 year old. How can this be? How am I, who is still roughly the age of 18, old enough to be the mother of a 12 year old. Well regardless of how old I am it has happened. My Brett has turned 12. We had quite a day. It was a roller coaster of emotions and a long day. Brett woke up promptly at 6:15am, so he could open his presents, to find I had decorated the house with a banner and streamers. He didn't want a party this year so I wanted to make it special in other ways. He open his presents, there were only 2 and 2 cards. He got a Lego Star Wars thing the he had built by 3:00 later that day, and 4 boxes of Just Bunches as well as money in cards!!

We surprised him with a giant box of doughnuts for breakfast, YUM! which everybody enjoyed. Then I packed him a special lunch of frozen meat just in case he wondered why his lunch was light (ain't I tricky) and a Hershey's bar that said "Don't eat me YET." My mom and I surprised him with a lunch in the parking lot of In-N-Out Burger (his favorite) He ate quickly and went back for the rest of his classes. We had at his request tacos for dinner followed by cake and trick candles!

It was a fabulous day but the festivities will continue on Monday when we take Brett and his best friend to breakfast and to see The Lightening Thief. (I think I'm more excited for that than Brett is!)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

lhappy happy birthday brett!! he is a kid after my own heart...in-n-out for birthday dinner. yum...sounds good. he is one good looking 12 year old!